Partial Tuition Refund Scheme
for the Specialised Aircraft Maintenance Programme
To offer young people an extra financial incentive to choose specialised aircraft maintenance programmes and join the aircraft maintenance industry after graduation, the Government, with the support of the Vocational Training Council (VTC), launches the Partial Tuition Refund Scheme for the Specialised Aircraft Maintenance Programme. This Scheme is administered by VTC.
This scheme aims to encourage young people to choose the two specialised aircraft maintenance programmes offered by VTC, namely the Higher Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering and the Diploma of Vocational Education (Aircraft Maintenance) and join the aircraft maintenance industry after graduation, which will help attract young people and support the sustainable development of the aircraft maintenance industry.
Eligible applicants will receive 50% refund of the total tuition fee paid for the specialised aircraft maintenance programme, subject to a maximum sum of HK$50,000 (whichever is the less) each.
The eligible applicant should:
- successfully complete the recognised full-time aircraft maintenance prorgammes offered by VTC, namely the Higher Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering or the Diploma of Vocational Education (Aircraft Maintenance) (the recognised programme) on 1st April 2014 and thereafter;
- be employed by local Approved Maintenance Organisations (AMO) as approved by the Civil Aviation Department (CAD) under Hong Kong Aviation Requirements – Part 145 (HKAR-145) for jobs which are related to aircraft maintenance within six months after successful completion of the recognised programme; and
- work in local HKAR-145 AMO for a continuous period of at least two years.
- Any grant / assistance received from the Tertiary Student Finance Scheme - Publicly-funded Programmes (TSFS) administered by the Student Finance Office under the Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency, VTC fee remission or Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) for payment of tuition fee of the recognised programme will be excluded from the calculation of refund under this Scheme.
- Successful applicants are required to make declaration that he/she must fulfill the requirement of working in the local HKAR-145 AMO for a continuous period of at least two years. Failure to do so would render the Applicant disqualified from the scheme and he/she shall return forthwith to VTC/TLB any fund paid to him/her under the Scheme.
Procedures for application
- Applicants should complete and submit the application form by post or in person during normal office hours to their respective campus (i.e.The Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (Tsing Yi), 20 Tsing Yi Road, Tsing Yi Island, New Territories / Youth College (Kowloon Bay), VTC Kowloon Bay Complex, 46 Tai Yip Street, Kowloon Bay, Kowloon). The application deadlines on 31 October of each year.
- Applicants should complete all parts of the application form (Sections A-E), and sign the form as required. For applicants aged under 18, signature of their parent or guardian is required. Incomplete application forms will not be processed.
- In submitting the application form, the applicant should attach a copy of each of the following:
|(a)||the applicant’s Hong Kong Identity Card;
|(b)||document to certify the applicant’s employment issued by an approved local HKAR-145 AMO; and
|(c)||the front page of the bank passbook or statement of the bank account to which the refund will be credited to. The document should show the applicant’s name, account number and bank name/ bank code (name of the account holder must be exactly the same as the name in the Hong Kong Identity Card).
- Applicants may be required to verify the information submitted and to provide additional information necessary for processing the applications further.
- All documents submitted for the application (including the application form and the supporting documents) are not returnable. Applicants are advised to retain copies for their own reference.
For enquiries, please send email to email@example.com (IVE(TY)), firstname.lastname@example.org (YC(KB)) or email@example.com or call IVE(TY) at 2436 8641 or YC(KB) at 3552 9760.